2004/07/15

2-3 fair 0006

"no fucking way" i said to myself as i drove through the saddle in the hills. the cemetery to my right and clear skys as far as i could see. sure it was a little hazy, but still really nice. I arrived at the jetty still half asleep and wishing i had filled up my thermos with prime kona but it was too late. the water was calm, the only disturbance bieng made by birds diving head first for their morning meal. I got out of the car and watched. Knowing linda mar would be even worse i figured i'd wait a bit here to see if a set would come through and then i can make a decision. Another guy i see out every now and then was also parked on the side of the road, but he took off pretty quick, I didnt blame him.After a few minutes a nice set rolled in. tiny 2 footers, and that was enough to convince me to jump in. Having been out of the water since Sunday I was itching to get wet or at least float around and hope that something ridable might come.

Aside from the sea lion hangin out in the water i was all alone. I stared out into the bay, and waited for something and luckily i didnt have to wait that long. The waves came, small, i laughed as i paddled for them, knowing that on most days i wouldnt dream of paddling for something this tiny. Up on my feet, i enjoyed a ride that lasted all of 4 seconds, till my fins dragged on the sand inches below me. I walked back in (since the tide was so low there was no need to paddle). The water was incredibly glassy and clear, no wind what so ever and as i floated i could see the sand below. The sea lion came back for a visit and then split, obviously not impressed with my surfing skills. A few more tiny breakers and it was time to head back home.

bike, train, bike, work ...etc.

No comments: